WML page refresh

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: WML page refresh
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 10:24:27 +0100

For PFI I'm trying to work around a limitation in the three gateway, it has a 10 second connection timeout ... so if billing takes longer than 10 seconds the handset won't get any response back.

I'm adding a holding page ... sent after 5 seconds to say 'please wait', and using cache control headers to stop[ it being cached, and the <meta http-equiv="refresh" ...> tag to get the handset to re-fetch the page.

Do you know if this meta tag works reliably for handsets which use wml (I expect that anything which uses xhtml will handle it)? If not, have you any experience with using ontimer= to refresh pages? Can you use 'ontimer=""' to refresh the current page, or do you need to put a URL in (eg. 'ontimer="/?Service=X&Transaction=Y&..." where the page has a query string).