Re: Next stable release?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Next stable release?
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 07:43:49 -0600

On Jun 9, 2008, at 1:25 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

When do you want to do the new base release?

I think the timeline might be something like this ...

monday-wednesday: last chance to deprecate anything we might be wanting to change in the next release cycle thursday: merge trunk into stable branch, adjust version numbers to 1.16.0 (stable) and 1.17.0 (unstable/trunk)
friday: update release notes and make release

Reasonable?

That sounds good for me. I'm only afraid of doing something monumentally bad, like releasing something that doesn't compile. I have an extra day or two before I leave to make sure it's tested well.