Re: libobjc and thr-win32.c

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: libobjc and thr-win32.c
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 17:03:40 -0600

I'll check on that for the next release.  Thanks.

On Jun 13, 2008, at 4:12 PM, Matthew Jimenez wrote:

Just tried the installer out for the first time. Can't say whether I'll be able to simply use it yet or not, but time will tell.
You might want to consider updating the msys environment since the current one seems to blow up in Vista.

I'm using the following from mingw.org downloads with some success thus far (new development machine - the old one ran the last msys release):
msysCORE-1.0.11-2007.01.19-1.tar.bz2  (base system - many files get replaced by others the follow below)
MSYS-1.0.11-20071204.tar.bz2
tar-1.19.90-MSYS-1.0.11-1-bin.tar.gz
vim-7.1-MSYS-1.0.11-1-bin.tar.gz
bash-3.1-MSYS-1.0.11-1.tar.bZ2
bzip2-1.0.3-MSYS-1.0.11-1.tar.bz2
diffutils-2.8.7-MSYS-1.0.11-1.tar.bz2
findutils-4.3-MSYS-1.0.11-1.tar.bz2
gawk-3.1.5-MSYS-1.0.11-1.tar.bz2
coreutils-5.97-MSYS-1.0.11-snapshot.tar.bz2 (move files to msys after)

Also, rxvt tends to misbehave for me. I know a lot of people had something of a holy war over it, but at my work we've always just deleted it and moved along (and I'm following suit with prior decisions for now)

Thanks,
-Matthew Jimenez