Re: objc native exceptions

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: objc native exceptions
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 06:45:15 +0100

On 27 Jun 2008, at 18:47, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On 27 Jun 2008, at 18:23, Andrew Pinski wrote:

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:14 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald <address@hidden > wrote:
So this would appear to be a rather severe drawback as invocations are used quite extensively. Maybe the stack unwinding works if you used libffi for your invocations, but libffi doesn't work on some platforms (eg the debian
64bit intel box I develop on).

libffi works on x86_64 as far as I know.  Also libffi supports
unwinding as it is needed to support GCJ :).

I just updated by libff to the latest debian package (3.0.5-4) and tried building gnustep-base with that ... it crashes when trying to perform an invocation. Possibly a problem with the way libffi is used ... but I don't know how to fix it.

It turns out that this was a problem with memory protection causing a segmentation violation ... on my debian em64t system I got this to work by allocating memory using mmap rather than malloc.