New gateway method

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: New gateway method
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 12:23:18 +0100

The new method 'SendBinary' is like the SendImage method, except that the data supplied should be a binary SMS with UDH rather than an image. To use it you need to create a new gateway service, and configure it to allow the SendBinary method to be used (you can't add the method to an old service).

This is pretty much untested ... so please try it out... if it doesn't work I'll take a look at the messaging.

I think we want to only offer the new method to selected users ... can you point me to how we would do that with the new users/permissions scheme?

Sorry this took longer than I said ... I forgot that I'd need to make a load of changes in the gui as well as the backend, and I'm not as familiar with the code there.