Problem in compilation

From: aatif razaq
Subject: Problem in compilation
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:55:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi there,

I am a newbie to GNUStep and ObjectiveC stuff. I started working on ObjectiveC but i dont have Mac, i read somewhere that ObjectiveC programs can be compiled and run on Windows using GNUStep. So i downloaded two packages from the following link

[URL=""]http://www.gnustep.org/experience/Windows.html[/URL]

which contains MSYS/MinGW System and GNUstep Core. First i installed the MSYS/MinGW System and then GNUStep core. GNU Core is installed inside the root folder of MSYS/MinGW. These two packages are installers and i guess i dont have to manually go through the 'make and install' process of all the required component within each package.

I wrote a hello world application and run it successfully in MinGW shell using the command 'gcc -o hello hello.m' and then './hello'.

Then i wrote another application which has an interface file i.e. '.h' for class, an implementation file for the class(.m) and another(.m) containing 'main' method for the application. The interface file contains a statement 'import <Foundation/NSObject.h>'.

when i try to compile the application using 'gcc -o main main.m' but it throws an error 'Foundation/NSObject.h: No such file or directory'. Some other applications were throwing the same kinda errors not finding the GNUStep files.

I even tried to compile after running usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh, but had no luck. I have no clue at all where im going wrong. Please help me with this.

Thnak you very very much in advance.

Tiff