Re: GNUstep on 64 bit Windows

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GNUstep on 64 bit Windows
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 07:04:19 +0100

On 22 Oct 2008, at 09:58, Roland Schwingel wrote:

Is there some preference on your side, how we should organize our patches and the communication with you, as the changes might cover a wider range of code ?

First, thanks very much for offering to provide these patches ... I think adding windows 64bit support would be great.

The best way to manage patches is to add them to the GNUstep patch manager at https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?group=gnustep

Patches should conform to the GNU/GNUstep coding standard (match the style of indentation, whitespace usage, brackets positioning, comments positioning etc) already used in base.

Patches should be reasonably small/localised, so that applying a patch does not break anything and a patch can easily be reviewed.

Unfortunately I don't own a copy of 64bit windows, so I can't test windows 64bit changes, but GNUstep-base is 64bit clean generally, so changes for 64bit windows should generally be localised to windows specific code, and I can test that they don't break the windows 32bit code.

You can email the mailing list or email me directly if you have any questions.