NSBitmap+Icns.m on Sparc

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: NSBitmap+Icns.m on Sparc
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 08:45:35 +0100

Riccardo is having trouble with the new icns loading code on sparc
architecture. I think this is caused by pointers into the data structure
not being properly aligned for this processor, but as I am no expert in
this area it would be great if somebody could have a look before I start
experimenting around.

The problem he gets is:
Program received signal SIGBUS, Bus error.
0x0fec17e4 in icns_import_family_data (size=33658, bytes=0x9a6e000 "icns",
    iconFamily=0xf7fca660) at NSBitmapImageRep+ICNS.m:270
270       while ((data < end) && element->elementSize)

(gdb) p data
$1 = (icns_byte_t *) 0xdce6372 "t8mk"
(gdb) p end
$2 = (icns_byte_t *) 0xdcea37a ""
(gdb) p element->elementSize
$3 = 16392

As it works fine for him when using the libicns library I would not rank
it as a very urgent problem. Still it is interesting to understand how
they are doing it. (OK, we could just have a look at the code, now that
we know it is LGPL)