Re: Time for a new stable release of base?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Time for a new stable release of base?
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:52:55 +0100

Adam Fedor wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2008, at 4:50 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
>
>> Anyone object if I make a 1.16.4 stable release of the base library to
>> make recent bugfixes available (and perhaps a 1.17.1 unstable release
>> too, so make sure the latest unstable release has all the fixes of the
>> latest stable release)?
>> Is there anything this should be waiting for?
>
> I think that's great.  I would want to make a stable/unstable release of
> the other libraries as well (and make).

Could a stable gui release please wait for another week? I am again
working on the view bounds rotation/translation issue once more and this
time it looks like I am making some progress. I would like to commit my
first change set today and let it get some testing out there. There are
still unsolved combinations of transformations, but these may have to
wait a while to get into a release.