Re: Windows look and feel

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Windows look and feel
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:22:33 +0100

Philippe Bernery wrote:
> Fred, what would be different between a windows-ish interface and a
> real windows interface?

I would draw the difference at the point where all the control elements
get displayed with naive Windows function calls. Many Windows
applications do that themselves and they look out of style. This is also
the case with GNUstep applications on Windows no. When using native
drawing code, we could improve on that, but there surely will be places
where the available Windows controls don't fit our needs.

Still, even with native colours, native control drawing, menus inside
the window and what ever other adoption will be possible, I would
expect that it will always be possible to tell a ported GNUstep
application from one that was developed for Windows.