Re: Question on NSToolbar

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Question on NSToolbar
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 20:22:44 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> On 30 Dec 2008, at 19:07, Fred Kiefer wrote:
>
>> I am currently in the process of changing the GNUstep toolbar handling
>> to work on the window decoration view instead of using a separate view
>> to integrate the toolbar.
>
> If you are working on that, please could you also look at drawing menus
> within windows.
> For development of an mswindows theme, it would be really good if we
> could have another NSInterfaceStyle for mswindows style menus, and in
> that case the top level menu view should obviously be placed within the
> window decoration view, so I'd imagine that doing that would have quite
> a bit in common with nstoolbar.

Yes, this was part of the original concept when I set out to work on
that. Currently I am still rather busy with the toolbar code itself, but
perhaps I leave that for now as it is and move on to the integration
into window decoration.

I would expect that we always have the menu as the topmost view in the
window, then the toolbar and last the actual contents view. Currently
the toolbar increases the size of the window, when switched on. It could
as well decrease the size of the contents view. Which should we
implement in the future?