Re: Question on NSToolbar

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Question on NSToolbar
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 10:02:41 +0000

On 3 Jan 2009, at 09:51, Wolfgang Lux wrote:

Fred Kiefer wrote:

I would expect that we always have the menu as the topmost view in the
window, then the toolbar and last the actual contents view. Currently
the toolbar increases the size of the window, when switched on. It could
as well decrease the size of the contents view. Which should we
implement in the future?

Stick to the Mac OS X behavior which is to increase the window's height and leave the content size as well as the window frame's origin unchanged.

I agree ... but it would be good to test what actually happens on MacOS-X, and if the window is resized we should cope with parts of the winodw going off screen in the same way as MacOS-X