Handling of newline is cell labels

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Handling of newline is cell labels
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 19:04:19 +0100

Some of you may have wondered why the Inspector panel in the Bean
application (now part of gap) has two of the many labels in that panel
wrongly aligned. At least I did and so I spend half a day to get Gorm to
convert the nib file to something readable and it turns out that both
the strings that don't fit have a newline at the end.

Now what should an NSTextField cell do with that? Currently we make a
two line display, although the second line is empty. This looks horrible
and is different from what Cocoa does. We could just ignore this
newline, as long as there isn't anything on the next line. Would this be
OK? And even more interesting, is there a nice way to integrate this
with our normal typesetting?