Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r27810 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSImage.

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r27810 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/NSImage.m Source/NSScrollView.m
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 13:07:53 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
> Author: rfm
> Date: Sun Feb  8 12:02:57 2009
> New Revision: 27810

> Log:
> Use proxies for named images so that changes to images are nstantly reflected
> when you change themes.
>
> Modified:
>     libs/gui/trunk/ChangeLog
>     libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSImage.m

Richard,

could you please explain a bit the motivation behind this change? It not
only gives me warnings when compiling what is worse I don't understand
the reason for this code when inspecting it.

Is the GSImageProxy a real proxy for a remote image, if so where does
the remote image come from? And if not what do we gaonby this indirection?

I know that the old code couls lead to problems as an image could never
be released when it was a named one. Is this what you are trying to improve?

Totally puzzled,