Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r27911 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/GSNibLoa

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r27911 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/GSNibLoading.m Source/NSDrawer.m
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:03:38 +0100

Now you left me puzzled. Which menu items get duplicated by my
reorganisation code? I tried to reproduce this with FlexiSheet and Bean
and I am very sure that each item only appears once.
In FlexiSheet I see an issue with the missing German language string for
"Services" as there we have a German menu NIB, but otherwise everything
is as expected.
On the contrary your code is duplicating the quit menu item, but that
isn't that bad, is it?

I am not sure about the separator items. I fully agree that they don't
look great in our current drawing style. But the idea of structuring
even a vertical a menu seems correct to me. We could try to replace the
separator item drawing with something that just displays a vertical or
horizontal line, this will make the menu item size computation a bid
harder, but surely looks a lot better.

Now we have two differing opinions. How to proceed from here? Are there
any other points of view out there?