Re: About OpenGL and NSView

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: About OpenGL and NSView
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 16:25:33 +0100

Xavier Glattard wrote:
> I would like to post some changes about OpenGL support.
> (in gui and x11-back, soon in win32-back)

Great.

> I need to add a flag in NSView (in the _rFlags bit field). I think it
> would not break anything but i may miss something.
>
> Any advice ? Thanks!

There is plenty of space in that field left. Soem time ago I wanted to
move all the other boolean flags of NSView into that field too, but
didn't dare to do this as it might break subclasses. But a new entry
wont cause trouble.

What will that new bit be used for?

> Fred: I've just updated my tree with your last changes some days ago.
> Revision 27944 seems to break NSOpenGLView position: the view is moves
> left and up -ward.
> IMHO settting the background color (Rev 27945) is useless because the GL
> context MUST clear the background (on my system).

I only set the background colour to avoid random patterns being
displayed before the OpenGL rendering starts. It made a difference for me.

As for the change 27944, most likely the removal of that strange
coordinate conversion makes the difference for you. With the current
code things look correct for me with and without GNUstep drawing the
windows decoration. (This being on Linux, not Windows) I have attached
two screen shots of Gears to show the result.

If things look different for you, we need to find out what may cause the
difference. Are you using any GNUstep additions or themes?

JPEG image

JPEG image