MacOS X 10.5 API [was: Emacs 23.x from CVS 20090228]

From: David Ayers
Subject: MacOS X 10.5 API [was: Emacs 23.x from CVS 20090228]
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 13:36:22 +0000

Am Dienstag, den 03.03.2009, 08:49 +0000 schrieb Richard
Frith-Macdonald:

> It would be good if people could contribute patches to update core
> libraries (essentially to use NSUInteger, NSInteger, and CGFloat
> everywhere in the external API rather than using unsigned int/long,
> int/long, or float).
> Generally speaking this should make no different to the ABI on 32bit
> systems, but it's going to be a fairly big upheaval on 64bit systems.

So for applications that still target earlier API's from Apple and there
for use the old type, we would producing a whole lot of warnings,
wouldn't we?

If the ABI is on 32 bit is compatible, would it be easy/acceptable to
replace the typedef's with #defines on (controlled by a preprocessor
option) so that we can avoid these warnings?

Cheers,