Re: mframe.m

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: mframe.m
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:53:07 +0100

On 30 Mar 2009, at 15:55, David Chisnall wrote:

Ooops, missed one:

static inline int  retframe_int (void *rframe)
{
 __builtin_return (rframe);
}

On 30 Mar 2009, at 14:34, David Chisnall wrote:

This patch moves some inner functions in mframe.m into static functions. Inner functions are a horrible GNU extension, which requires an executable stack (very bad). No idea why they were used here, it seems just as a form of scoping since they are not being used as closures.

David

I couldn't apply these patches (or the NSDebug.h patch) because you sent them as inline text and either the mailing list software or my mail client (or both) must have interfered with them.

However, I edited in the same/similar changes by hand, so these particular issues should be fixed.

Thanks very much for doing this stuff. In future please send patches as attachments rather than inline text, as that would make things easier for me.