Re: Deprecating ffcall

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Deprecating ffcall
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:02:43 +0100

On 1 Apr 2009, at 12:56, David Ayers wrote:

Could I ask you for a bug report and/or a test case?  It's stuff like
this that we really need in our test suite.

There is a test case in the EtoileThread framework (part of EtoileFoundation). The TestThread.m file contains a -testObjectReturn method which floods an object in another thread with messages.

This was difficult to reproduce, because in a lot of cases the method would complete while the return address was still on the stack, causing the proxy to leak but no other problems to arise. This was causing random freezes in Mélodie until I tracked it down.