Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r28206 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/GSWindo

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r28206 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Source/GSWindowDecorationView.m
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 12:22:02 -0400

The code (as it was previously) was initializing the values to random values.  It was causing an over abundance of "given negative height/width" errors to appear when they didn't have to.

I'm not sure what you mean by a fallback value... do you mean something that is non-zero?

GC

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Fred Kiefer <address@hidden> wrote:
Gregory Casamento wrote:
> Author: gcasa
> Date: Mon Apr 13 01:17:49 2009
> New Revision: 28206

> Log:
>       * Source/GSWindowDecorationView.m: initialize offsets to prevent
>       negative value warnings suggested by Doug.
>
> Modified:
>     libs/gui/trunk/ChangeLog
>     libs/gui/trunk/Source/GSWindowDecorationView.m

Could you please give an example of a case where this code makes a
difference?
The code is surely correct, why not add a fallback value. What interests
me is when this is needed, as this shows we are not properly taking care
of some cases and perhaps there is even a better way to do so, than
these default values.