Re: Exception handling in clang

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Exception handling in clang
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 14:31:34 +0100

> If your svn tree is anything like mine, you did clang as a separate
> checkout, so you will also need to do 'cd tools/clang && svn up'  If

I followed the instrustions which way to do this:

svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk llvm
cd llvm/tools
svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/trunk clang

So I guess I do need to update clang too!

> you've modified the Makefile in tools to include clang as a
> subdirectory then doing [g]make in the root directory of your llvm tree.

It seems to build both together OK.

> I think you mentioned you use FreeBSD - you might be interested in
> seeing that there is a branch of LLVM that now builds with BSD Make
> (although if you're using GNUstep Make, you'll need GNU Make installed
> anyway).

I have gmake installed anyway, so I dont particularly mind staying with
the main trunk. I'll go give it all another whirl now and see if I can
get it to build.

-pete.