Re: GNUstep Make using $(CC) for linking

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep Make using $(CC) for linking
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 19:13:35 +0100

On 8 May 2009, at 18:14, David Chisnall wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to compile GNUstep projects with clang using 'gmake CC=clang', but I'm now getting linker errors creating subproject.o because CC is being used as the linker, even when LD is specified as something else (e.g. gcc). Is this a bug, or a known feature?

It is a known bug in gnustep-make 2.0.x, already fixed in trunk. :-)

Are you using trunk (soon-to-be-2.2.0) ? It should be fixed there. I tried doing

  make CC=xxx LD=yyy

on trunk and it uses CC when compiling, and LD when linking - so it works for me.
Let me know if it doesn't work for you. ;-)

Thanks