Re: Live Splitview patch (and a brief touch on live window resizing)

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Live Splitview patch (and a brief touch on live window resizing)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 17:08:28 -0400

It would be nice to have some modern features such as this.   I think we should do things like this when we can and make it conditional for machines which are too slow to handle it.     Is there are way we can test the speed of a machine in the config to determine if some features are turned on or off by default?

I personally, would also like to have live resize of windows.   The current resizing under art with GSX11HandlesWindowDecorations set to NO is to make the user guess where the window will end up based on where the mouse cursor is at the time he/she lets go of the left button.

As an example of an application which has live window resizing... take a look at Affiche.app.   We should definitely try doing something like that for live window resizing.

GC