Re: Sound in GNUstep

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Sound in GNUstep
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 20:55:37 -0500

Well, I went ahead and submitted a patch that implements what I described in my previous e-mail on the issue:
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?6839

I know it's not 100% correct (specially the encoding/decoding and copying parts) but it currently compiles and plays all files I threw at it (most formats).  I left some room for improvement, specifically the case where libsndfile is not found I'm working on writing fall back code that would be able to read some AIFF, AIFC, AU/SND and WAV files without needing any external libraries (by my calculations, would end up being between 300-400 additional lines of code).

Thanks
Stefan

PS: Please go easy on the way I write code, I'm a Mechanical Engineer... I already know the code may not be well written.  Just let me know what would need to be improved and I'll give it a try.