Submitting big patch

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Submitting big patch
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 20:22:53 -0500

I'm getting ready to submit the NSSound patch, and I have a few questions.

The patch if fairly big, and re-implements almost every single method in NSSound (and adds a few more).  I'm also adding 4 new files that will require quite a bit of work in configure.ac, which I'm not really sure how to do effectively.  I removed dependency on libaudiofile and portaudio and am no using libsndfile and libao instead (see my previous posts here), but since NSSound is using bundles these aren't hard dependencies, if they aren't there the bundles will just not be built and NSSound will return nil.

Now that I explained all that, the question... what will be the best way to send the patch?  When using "svn diff" it does not include files I removed and added (don't ask me why), which means the patch would be imcomplete.  The other option would be to just set up the files how they would be and gzip the folders.  Any other options?

I'm hoping to get this out this weekend for review (starting a new job so I might have less time to work on it starting next week).

Thanks
Stefan