Re: GWorkspace, PDFkit & freetype

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GWorkspace, PDFkit & freetype
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:56:58 +0200

Hi,

a late answer, but some work was involved.

which occurs immediately after the start line above, changing directory to "splash" and starting to execute "make" in that directory, which comes immediately after the start line noted above -- even though the "missing" file actually exists in the path(s) provided to "configure".

I will see if I can resolve the problem, or if anyone else has a solution. Is there another list I should post to? I will do a follow-up post if I find out anything useful.

Thanks for the input. I'll can also, as you suggest, see how I get on without PDFKit, but my impression from the Gworkspace web page was that Gworkspace *requires* it, rather than just suggesting it as an option.

PDFKit is not essential for GWorkspace to build, however I understand it is handy. Since it was lastly maintained by Enrico, it is in the state of lack of maintenance as most of his other applications.

I have thus decided to import PDFkit into GAP in the "libs" category: this allows to have a common up-to-date repository of the files and also preserves it from disappearing. I do not have however the time to work on it currently, since I am for example busy with other applications by enrico which are now in GAP.

Richard Stonehouse kindly worked out some patches that make PDFkit compile again, I have tried them and it works for me. They are already in CVS.

There is no official release yet because there are some bugs to be investigated.

Furthermore if anybody wishes to help, a task would be to check what version of xpdf PDFKit was based on and update it as much as possible to track xpdf.

Riccardo