Success with GNUstep installer on Windows 7 64-bit

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Success with GNUstep installer on Windows 7 64-bit
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 16:42:49 -0600

Hi,

I just wanted to report that I tested the GNUstep Windows installer version 0.23.0 on Windows 7 64-bit, and it worked fine. I was able to compile and run SystemPreferences.app. So, the comment on http://www.gnustep.org/experience/Windows.html that the installer doesn't work on 64-bit systems isn't quite accurate. :)

If any non-Windows users are interested in testing GNUstep on Windows, you can download (for free, until August 20) a copy of Windows 7 here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/download.aspx , which runs in VirtualBox.

-Eric