Re: ANN: GNUstep GUU 0.17.1

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep GUU 0.17.1
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 13:17:15 +0200

Adam Fedor schrieb:
> This is version 0.17.1 of the GNUstep GUI library (`gnustep-gui').

Now that the 0.17.1 release of gui and back are out (Many thanks to Adam
for making the release!) we are going to start with ABI incompatible
changes on gui and back. If you have anything that will break ABI
compatibility try ot get it into the next release (we should give it at
least four months or more if needed).

Gregory already started this by re-adding his attached sheet code and
speech support by David Chrisnall. We also expect to land the NSSound
re-implementation by Stefan Bidigaray. I am planing to do a
re-implementation of all our font backends based on Apples new
NSFontPattern class, this is especially to support the fresh Emacs 23.1
release.

Expect great things from the next release, but also give it some time to
stabilize. Those who need a stable release now should stick with 0.17.1.

Cheers