Re: Proper fix for SIGFPE on FreeBSD

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Proper fix for SIGFPE on FreeBSD
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 08:31:02 +0100

On 15 Aug 2009, at 18:10, David Chisnall wrote:

GNUstep currently does some asm magic to disable floating point exceptions on FreeBSD. This sometimes, coincidentally, works, but often the flag is reset by various things. This patch sets it via the standard libm interface, which ensures that it remains cleared.

Thanks ... I didn't realise that the old fix was unreliable (don't recall seeing bug reports about it ... probably not too many people using FreeBSD).
It's good to have a better version.

Do you know if the issue applies to any other BSD variants? If it does, perhaps we should use autoconf to test for the header and include/use the new fix on all BSDs rather than just on FreeBSD?