Re: problem about writeInBackgroundAndNotify

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: problem about writeInBackgroundAndNotify
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 19:04:26 +0100

On 21 Aug 2009, at 18:17, Guo Xu wrote:

Hi everyone,
I have downloaded the WebServer-1.2.1 example program from http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/WebServer . I got a problem. When the browser client visit the server page, like http:// localhost, the server didn't give any response, until timeout.

I can't reproduce that ... when I run the testWebServer program and connect to it using firefox the response in instant.

I checked the program, I found that if I change the
"[[connection handle] writeInBackgroundAndNotify: result]" in Line 1480
to"[[connection handle] writeData: result]"
it can work.

Does anyone known why the method writeInBackgroundAndNotify cannot work in this example?

I have no idea why that would make any difference (possibly it was just a coincidence?).

Are you using an up to date version of GNUstep? Not that the version of the libraries is likely to make any difference ... this code has been running 24*7 in high volume applications for years without any trouble.