Re: problem about writeInBackgroundAndNotify

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: problem about writeInBackgroundAndNotify
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 00:23:18 +0200

Hi,

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

On 22 Aug 2009, at 04:35, Guo Xu wrote:

Hi Richard
  Thank you very much for your answer.
But I have tried it again at a different machine which also have Windows7 Build 7127 platform. All my computer have platform of Windows7, I don't test on any other environment. What about your environment?

Ah, I didn't realise you were using windows. I guess there could quite easily be a problem with async sockets on windows. I haven't noticed it in other programs, but I don't use windows much, in fact I don't have a windows development environment at the moment. I'll try to find time to get a windows system set up, but in the meantime perhaps someone else who uses windows might be able to help.

First I tested on linux and it works.

Then I did a test on Windowx XP and I get the following behaviour:

1. I start the webserver (I am admin, on linux you need to be root, since it opens port 80)
2. I retrieve a page from it
3. windows firewall notices the port access, I unlock it
4. on the standard output of the gnustep console, I see the response, but the connecting client doesn't get any data back until it timeouts. 5. the only error I see comes form an NSLog and says "Unable to set blocking mode - Invalid argument" [*]

Riccardo

[*] I find it interestng that it goes onto the stdout. Usually error messages are routed to the windows event console