theme additions

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: theme additions
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:11:00 +0100

I have code to allow subclasses to replace the classes used for images and color lists by a theme, but I'm not sure they are really a good idea.

The thing is, if we are interfacing to some 'native' theming engine, the end user may change the theme in use by that system, which may change the colors and images we should be using. Now with the current theme code, we can manage that by having the theme notice the change and deactivate itsself, change saved color lists and images on disk, then reactivate itsself so that it uses the new information, but that's all a bit clumsy (especially if the actual change is rather minor).

So all the update does is provide two methods which can be overridden to change the classes used by the theme to load the images and color lists. The idea is that the NSImage and NSColorList subclasses used can then use the native theming engine where they need to, and can dynamically update the way they behave in response to a change in the native theme.

Sounds OK?