Re: Commit r28657

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Commit r28657
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:43:55 +0100

On 22 Sep 2009, at 13:21, David Chisnall wrote:

On 22 Sep 2009, at 11:44, Wolfgang Lux wrote:

Unfortunately, this breaks compilation for everyone who is using the
old runtime or gcc's libobjc directly (at least up to gcc 4.3) because the file objc/runtime.h is not present. Could you please add an autoconf test to include objc/runtime.h only conditionally or avoid including the
header altogether.

This seems odd to me. Every version of GCC's libobjc I have seen (versions 1.6 to 3) has included an objc/runtime.h file. Looking at the file in GCC's svn[1], it has a copyright date of 1993, so it's been around for a while. What platform are you using? Does it have the other objc headers installed? Presumably it is finding objc/ objc.h and objc/objc-api.h, or other parts of GNUstep would not be compiling correctly...

IIRC objc/runtime.h is a private header used internally while compiling libobjc. It is not for users and so it is not installed.

Thanks