Re: Possible NSAttributedString bug

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Re: Possible NSAttributedString bug
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 16:00:15 +0100

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 04:42:14PM +0200, Fred Kiefer wrote:
> I don't think this is a bug in GNUstep, there rather is a problem in your
> code.

Certainly possible,  and given my Obj-C experience not improbable.

> You don't own the attr object as it is created via
> dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys: and still you release it.

Aha.  It's been autoreleased then I guess?

That stirs a vague memory of reading something that methods with
alloc (and something else?) in their name leave one as the owner;
whereas others don't.

> I am surprised that this works on Apple.

I suspect it simply means the malloc library is tolerant,  not poisioning
memory when it is freed.

Thanks for the correction.

DF