Re: gnustep trunk testsuite

From: p . o . roussel
Subject: Re: gnustep trunk testsuite
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 11:10:09 +0200 (CEST)

> On 2 Oct 2009, at 19:45, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
>

> > On 2 Oct 2009, at 10:39, Philippe Roussel wrote:
> >

> > I think you are using an out of date version of the testsuite ...
> > your stack trace shows the problem at line 16 of doubleLocking.m,
> > but that line is inside  the '#else' section of a preprocessor
> > conditional starting with '#if 1' ... it should not exist in the
> > executable.
>
> PS. printing a deadlock error message is the correct (ie OSX
> compatible) behavior if the code in the #else part is compiled and
> run.
> Maybe you do have up to date code, but you modified it locally to test
> the deadlock, and forgot that you changed it?  I've made that sort of
> mistake before now.

Ok, here's the problem. I'm using the testfarm code right from svn
(http://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/autotest) and starting the tests with
startup/scripts/test-gnustep as advertised on gnustep wiki but this script
only updates the core code from svn, not the testsuite. After manually
updating the testsuite everything works as expected.

I don't know if it's the intended behavior but it's not really intuitive
to me !

Anyway, thank you Richard.
Philippe