Re: Changes I've been thinking of...

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Changes I've been thinking of...
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 22:29:26 +0200

Am 09.10.2009 um 20:23 schrieb David Chisnall:

On 9 Oct 2009, at 19:19, Gregory Casamento wrote:

Well, yeah... I do know about pbxbuild since I helped develop it.
The point is that the majority of mac devs expect things to be done
completely from the mac.

My point was that this is something we could automate pretty trivially. I managed to get Darwine building (but not running) Windows versions of GNUstep apps, and it would be pretty simple to package up a virtual appliance that people could open with VirtualBox on their Mac and just point at an svn repository and get automated builds. Same with Darwine; we could package up a .wine directory containing GNUstep with this.

Does this mean GNUstep cross-development can be done from within Xcode already or do you want to use Darwine to run ProjectCenter/Gorm for development? For the later, I fear this isn't exactly what developers mean with "completely on the Mac".

An ability to run/debug GNUstep/Windows executables on the Mac would be a nice addition, though.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/