Re: Changes I've been thinking of...

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Changes I've been thinking of...
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 22:09:02 +0200

Sergii Stoian schrieb:
> 2009/10/9 Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden>
>> Many things you want do not clash with other goals, they only divert
>> manpower. But keep in consideration that in an opensource project people do
>> whatever they deem interesting or useful, there isn't a central planning.
>
> Sure, you're right! I'm start thinking that fork of gui+back for some period
> of time is not such silly thing...

A fork of an open source project is almost always a bad thing.
Especially in the case where you haven't tries to get your ideas into
the main project first.

I think that I will be glad to integrate most of the things that you
come up with into gui and back. So why talk about a fork first?
Sometimes it is worthwhile to test a few ideas on a branch before
integrating them into the trunk of a project, but that is a completely
different approach.

You made great contributions to GNUstep, it would be hard to loose you
to a fork.