Re: Gtk+-based themeing for GNUstep in progress

From: Hans Baier
Subject: Re: Gtk+-based themeing for GNUstep in progress
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 23:34:20 +0700

> Why is a restart required ?  Running applications should catch a
> NSUserDefaults notification and GSTheme handles it. From what I have
> observed, the theme change is propagated with a few seconds delay (probably
> related to the time interval at which the defaults are polled on disk).

To be more precise, if the Gtk+-Theme is changed, the Applications
still stick with the old theme. (The GNUstep-Theme stays the same).
Sorry for my ambiguous terseness.

> Wouldn't it be easier to create a pixmap theme btw?

Yes, but that won't adapt to any conceivable Gtk+ Theme.

> This GTK theme is a very good idea and looks great :-) It would be very nice
> to have such a theme bundled with gnustep-gui, so it can integrate nicely
> out of the box with Linux desktop environments such as Ubuntu

Now Scrollbars are implemented:

http://stashbox.org/684188/Bildschirmfoto.png

Kind regards,
Hans