Backend Documentation

From: Manuel Teira
Subject: Backend Documentation
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:19:32 +0100

Hello. A newbie talking here.

I'm interested into GNUstep on embedded devices (ARM based ones). The first thing I would like to work on would be a directfb backend for gnustep, mainly to avoid the need of an xserver on a constrained device.
Googling a bit, it seems that some attempts to achieve this very same thing were made time ago, but checking out gnustep code it seems that there's no such backend contributed.
It would be nice if someone could direct me to documentation about what a backend should implement, or some already existing efforts (either complete or incomplete) to provide such a directfb backend to gnustep.

Best regards.