libobjc2 ready for (gentle) testing

From: David Chisnall
Subject: libobjc2 ready for (gentle) testing
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 21:19:36 +0000

Hi Everyone,

For the last few days I've been using the runtime from libobjc2 in GNUstep svn as my default runtime. On my machine (FreeBSD 8) it builds cleanly with both gcc and clang and works with a mixture of code compiled with gcc, clang with the GCC ABI and clang[1] with the non-fragile ABI.

That probably means it's ready for other people to play with. There are almost certainly still bugs, but it's running complex programs for me, so they hopefully aren't too major...

David

[1] The latest version of the runtime now tests if a class declares ivars that overlap with the superclass. Until an hour or so ago there was a bug in clang with the GCC ABI that meant that it declared all ivars as having an offset of 0, preventing code from starting. If you have a slightly old version of clang, you need to update.

-- Sent from my Difference Engine