Re: [flame] NEWS file is useless

From: hansfbaier
Subject: Re: [flame] NEWS file is useless
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:20:55 +0700 (WIT)

I still haven't seen a convincing argument for it.  Any of the information
that people write in the ChangeLog file they could also write in the commit
log.  It is impossible to make a commit without writing a log message, it is
easy to make a commit without editing the ChangeLog (you could add a
pre-commit hook that prevented this, but no one has done so).

David

I strongly agree.

The main reason why I didn't commit the GNUstep Gnome Theme
into svn is because maintaining ChangLog would bother me too much.

Hans