Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r29082 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Headers/AppKit/

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r29082 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Headers/AppKit/NSOutlineView.h Source/NSOutlineView.m
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 19:52:11 +0000

On 30 Nov 2009, at 00:00, Quentin Mathé wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Le 29 nov. 2009 à 19:02, Richard Frith-Macdonald a écrit :
>
>> Author: rfm
>> Date: Sun Nov 29 19:02:06 2009
>> New Revision: 29082

>> Log:
>> First hack at expand/collapse as we drag over expandable items
>>

>> Modified:
>>   libs/gui/trunk/ChangeLog
>>   libs/gui/trunk/Headers/AppKit/NSOutlineView.h
>>   libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSOutlineView.m
>
> Since you are working on that, you might want to take a look at the quick and
> dirty patch I attached to this bug report a while ago:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?18134
> I don't know what is NSOutlineView current state. But the last time I tried
> (one year ago) the drag and drop support was limited.
> The patch improves NSOutlineView to support dropping items at arbitrary
> levels when rows are expanded (and not just at the level 0). iirc It also
> changes NSOutlineView to correctly handle drop on on a single row or on the
> whole view (as Mac OS X does when you are dragging over an empty area).

I should have looked at bugzilla before I started!  I spent a large chunk of
yesterday working on this and could probably have avoided a lot of that effort.

I found the original code hard to understand, and ended up rewriting to
simplify (I hope) and adding quite a few comments.

I also added auto-expand/collapse of items when you drag over them... not sure
that behavior is quite right though.