Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r29082 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Headers/AppKit/

From: Quentin Mathé
Subject: Re: [Gnustep-cvs] r29082 - in /libs/gui/trunk: ChangeLog Headers/AppKit/NSOutlineView.h Source/NSOutlineView.m
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:49:54 +0100

Le 30 nov. 2009 à 20:52, Richard Frith-Macdonald a écrit :

On 30 Nov 2009, at 00:00, Quentin Mathé wrote:

Since you are working on that, you might want to take a look at the quick and dirty patch I attached to this bug report a while ago: http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?18134 I don't know what is NSOutlineView current state. But the last time I tried (one year ago) the drag and drop support was limited. The patch improves NSOutlineView to support dropping items at arbitrary levels when rows are expanded (and not just at the level 0). iirc It also changes NSOutlineView to correctly handle drop on on a single row or on the whole view (as Mac OS X does when you are dragging over an empty area).

I should have looked at bugzilla before I started! I spent a large chunk of yesterday working on this and could probably have avoided a lot of that effort.

I found the original code hard to understand, and ended up rewriting to simplify (I hope) and adding quite a few comments.

Yes, that's why I never cleaned the patch because I thought it would be better to rewrite the whole method. The new code works pretty well in my tests. It's great to have drag and drop really working in NSOutlineView :-)

I also added auto-expand/collapse of items when you drag over them... not sure that behavior is quite right though.

Looks ok.

I have been working on simplifying/documenting the new code a bit more and correcting some small issues, I'll commit my changes soon.

Quentin.