Re: Implementing CFSTR() in corebase

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Implementing CFSTR() in corebase
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 02:45:03 +0000

On 23 Jan 2010, at 00:43, Stef Bidi wrote:

> - We need constant Obj-C/CF strings - it sounds like it is best to just use
> @"...".
>
> It sure looks that!

I've just added __builtin___NSStringMakeConstantString() to clang, which emits
a constant Objective-C string from the (constant C string) argument.

I've added CFSTR() macros to CFString.h that use this when it's available, uses
@ when compiling in Objective-C mode, and fails when compiling with GCC in C
mode (that version is left as an exercise to the reader).

David

-- Sent from my Apple II