Re: Implementing CFSTR() in corebase

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Implementing CFSTR() in corebase
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 19:25:47 +0000

On 23 Jan 2010, at 19:20, Vincent Richomme wrote:

> Note : When I said that your stuff is complicated I wanted to say that
> getting a working
> objective-C 2.0 compiler on non-darwin platforms(windows ce for instance)
> is not an easy task.

If you're looking to port iPhone apps, then you don't need garbage collection,
which is the only Objective-C 2 feature that does not work with the combination
of clang and libobjc2 (from GNUstep svn).  I am using this combination quite
happily on FreeBSD and have fast enumeration, declared properties, zero-cost
exceptions, and non-fragile ivars all working nicely.

If you are having problems with Wince, then I'd be happy to look at any bugs
that you report, but so far I have not been told of any.

If you're going to be at FOSDEM this year, I will be giving a talk on the
status of Objective-C 2 for non-Darwin platforms, and I'd encourage you to
attend.

David

-- Sent from my brain