NSNumber vs NSValue

From: Stef Bidi
Subject: NSNumber vs NSValue
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:52:57 -0600

I've been trying to implement CFNumber and having trouble with CFNumberCreate() (it takes 3 values, a CFAllocator, a CFNumberType and a void *).  Since Apple says CFNumber is simply a NSNumber in disguise I decided to use that class, however, when I send a -initWithBytes:objCType: to an allocated NSNumber it I get an exception.  Shouldn't this method return with the correct concrete class for the specified objCType?  Right now all I get is an exception.  For testing purposes I've using NSValue.

Thanks
Stefan