Re: GNUstep and IPv6?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNUstep and IPv6?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 01:03:32 +0000

What would you expect IPv6 support to mean in the context of GNUstep?  Socket
I/O is done via either NSStream or NSFileHandle.  NSStream has a stupid API, so
I don't know why anyone would use it.  NSFileHandle wraps a socket in a simple
way.  GNUstep has some extensions to this API that might be v6 compliant, but
seem to have such convoluted code that I can't figure out what they actually
do.

Étoilé adds a category which just wraps getaddrinfo() and will use protocols in
the order your OS's resolver suggests them, so it will use IPv6, IPv4,
AppleTalk, NetBIOS, DECNET, or whatever else your OS happens to be configured
to use.

Now what would be useful, would be GNUstep support for SCTP (over IPv4 or v6)...

David