Re: error while compiling base

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: error while compiling base
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:32:24 +0000

On 17 Feb 2010, at 20:23, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> WHen compiling base I now get:
>
> Compiling file GSFormat.m ...
> GSFormat.m:62:2: error: #error handle_llong_max defined without llong_max
> being defined

This seems to be a bug where Richard is using the non-standard LONG_LONG_MAX
instead of the C99 standard LLONG_MAX.

LONG_LONG_MAX is a GNUism, and will break anywhere except GNU platforms (and
HP-UX, which, I think, is where GNU copied it from).  If we're going to support
non-standard versions of this, we should also test for LONGLONG_MAX, which is
what AIX uses.

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1