Re: Compiler warnings with the new base code

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Compiler warnings with the new base code
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:02:03 +0000

On 18 Feb 2010, at 10:59, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:

> PS. the above test is checking conformance with OSX behavior
>
> This will be a cached NSNumber (one of the small integer values), and
> presumably OSX will just return the cached value rather than a copy of it,
> because they think that using cached values is more important than using the
> correct zone.

That's true.  OS X will always return the same singleton instance.  If this
level of compatibility with OS X is desirable, then I can make the change, but
then we'd be copying undocumented (and subject to change) OS X behaviour at the
expense of doing the right thing...

Your call.

David

-- Sent from my brain