Re: Problems with GUI and Back

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Problems with GUI and Back
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 17:38:18 +0100

Am 20.02.2010 11:46, schrieb Fred Kiefer:
> Am 20.02.2010 07:09, schrieb Germán Arias:
>> Currently GUI and Back cant build in my system. With GUI I get the
>> error:
>>
>> NSApplication.m:170: aviso: implicit declaration of function
>> 'OBJC_STRINGIFY'
>> NSApplication.m:170: error: expected identifier before numeric constant
>>
>> I don't know if this is some wrong configuration on my system.
>
> I added a few missing includes to get gui to compile again with latest
> base. This still yields an unusable result on my 64 bit machine, but may
> work with 32 bit ones.

Now even 64 bit systems should be able to compile and run GNUstep gui
and back again. But be aware that due to the usage of proxies for named
images (Yes, even when no theme is used!) and a bug in libffi that
hasn't been officially fixed, named images wont be displayed on 64 bit
systems. As we are now using CGFloats in many places and CGFloat is now
a double and libffi wont handle structures and arrays of double
correctly, we get an issue when ever we pass such structures via
NSInvocation. The proxy mechanism for NSImage just exposes this issue.